The transition to low carbon electricity production calls for novel technologies and approaches to energy production, transmission, distribution and consumption, where integration of new technologies will provide extra flexibility to the electricity system. Greenovate! Europe works in a number of projects covering electricity generation, transmission and use:
- WINDTRUST – Demonstration of innovative designs to reduce fatigue loads and improve reliability of multi-MW turbines
- BEST PATHS – Beyond State-of-the-art Technologies for repowering AC corridors and multi-Terminal HVDC Systems
- SWIP - New innovative solutions, components and tools for the integration of wind energy in urban and peri-urban areas
- ETFE-MFM - Development and demonstration of flexible multifunctional ETFE module for architectural façade lighting
- SmartCHP - Smart and flexible Heat & Power from Biomass derived liquids for small-scale CHP application
See our energy project videos below.