eiffo is a German registered co-operative society that was established to co-ordinate the research, development and innovation activities of around 200 industrial companies from the German, Austrian and Swiss materials and surface technology industries.
- Providing technical advice and engineering support in the field of process quality and reliability; environmental requirements; as well as health and safety at the workplace.
- Co-ordinating, providing engineering services for and managing the implementation of resource efficiency measures for the industrial companies of the cluster;
- Initiating, planning, implementing and managing strategic RTD projects for the industrial companies of the cluster;
- In the context of environmental engineering and consulting, the coordination of legislative requirements and related technical implementation is also one major goal. This includes for instance technical support to the SMEs for the implementation of the REACH regulation.
The eiffo cluster co-ordinates the R&D activities of a number of targeted working groups such as
- Reonet – a research group focused on resource efficiency, process optimisation and supply chain management with over 20 active members;
- WeGaNet – a research group focusing on advanced coating systems for corrosion and wear protection as well as integration of new functions with over 30 active members;
- Vecco – a grouping including most hard chrome plating companies of the German surface industry with some 140 member companies addressing the joint authorisation of Cr(VI) use of these companies under the REACH regulation.
Geographical area covered
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Europe